Monday, August 12, 2013

Equation Turnover Activity




This activity is a variation of the Star Chain Activity I use.  It is a self checking activity but doesn't involve any cutting.

Step 1:  Start with this document





Step 2: Copy double sided on colored paper and laminate if you wish



Step 3:  Either independently or with a partner, students should place the cards on their desk with the answer side facing up.  They should begin with the start card, work the problem on a piece of paper.  When they determine the answer, they find that card and flip it over and work the new problem. If worked correctly, the last card will say Finish when they flip it over!


3 comments:

druin said...

I have one of these activities from geometry and I loved it! I had totally forgotten about this strategy, so thanks for reminding me! :)

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! I have not seen an activity like this before and now I am definitely thinking of using it. Thanks for sharing.

Kathryn said...

This is a clever idea! I've never seem it before and I'm happy to be able to add it to my repertoire! Thank you for sharing!

Follow Me!