Monday, August 27, 2012

Made 4 Math Inspired Projects




Thanks to my foot surgery, I've had plenty of time the last few weeks scouring blogs and looking at classroom setup ideas.    I have been so inspired by many of the Made 4 Math posts and have been  itchin' to get in my classroom and try some of these ideas out for myself.  Since I'm supposed to stay off my feet, I enlisted my mom to go to my classroomm with me and  help me with a few of the Made 4 Math Projects.  There are still many more ideas I want to try, but these will probably be the only two I will have time to do before school starts on Monday.

Mrs Simmons over at Mrs. Simmon's Blog inspired me with this great idea.

 
 
Here is my mom and I's take on Mrs. Simmon's great idea.  The only thing I would do different would be to center to the board under my name.  Unfortunately, I found these cute letters to put up after the board was done, and I didn't feel like redoing the entire thing.
 



Every year I get dinged on my evaluation for my incomplete objectives.  Don't tell anyone I said this, but it just seems like there are more important things to teaching than making sure your objectives get written properly on the board.

Well this year, I am determined to do better.  When I found this picture, last week, I immediately printed a copy of it and showed it to my mom and asked her to help me replicate it.  I am so sorry that I can't remember which blog this came from so if this is your bulletin board, will you leave me a comment so I can link to your blog and give credit where credit is due?



We didn't have any of the cute colors of painter's tape, but we did have some cheap back to school border that we found at Walmart of 0.88 a package.  I'd like to take credit for this board, but really my mom did all the work since our freshmen orientation was held Friday morning and I was busy handing out supply lists and meeting my new students while she put the board together.  I love how it came out!

 
 
Here is my classroom door
 


A random bulletin board of family pics










1 comment:

druin said...

Your projects turned out great!! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Follow Me!